Friday, October 4, 2013

Indecision

I have had a scrappy tumbler quilt waiting to be bound for months.  I just couldn't make myself trim the ends.  My mom mentioned that she would love to see it trimmed and bound around those tumblers. But I'm sure I'll give the quilt to a friend or family member who wouldn't have any idea about how hard that was to do.  

So finally I did it.

I marked a straight line and I CUT IT.















.

Then, I bound it and I'm happy to say that it's done.


A finished quilt is the very best kind of quilt. 

Happy sewing!

6 comments:

Kathleen said...

looks great ! Wise decision... Kate

Empty Closet Quilting said...

Thanks, Kate!

Wonky Girl said...

You made me laugh. I would have a hard time cutting the tumbler edges off myself.
And yes, a finished quilt is a great thing.

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

It is absolutely gorgeous! And yes, I've looked at those beautifully bound tumblers, not trimmed. Then I said, NO, not going to even try it. And yes, finished is so much better than perfect in my world.

Empty Closet Quilting said...

I have a large tumbler die, maybe I'll make one of those and bind all the edges. Someday...

Empty Closet Quilting said...

Thank you