Friday, May 23, 2014

So much purple!

I don't often work in purple, but I asked a special friend what color her quilt should be and she requested a light purple. It was so much fun working with this color range - and I think I needed to get out of a creative rut.

Again I am using my favorite "workbook", Scrap-Basket Beauties.  I have made most of the quilts in this book and I am considering a second round!  The directions make piecing easy and the blocks fall into rows that make pressing a breeze. 

All of those triangles are made from folded corner units, so the pattern looks complicated but the construction is actually simple.





And, no.  I did NOT keep the tiny triangles that were left over from the folded-corner units.  I like to use scraps but, sheesh, they are small.


I even pressed in purple.






I have border and backing fabric in the closet, so I hope to post a photo of the finished top next week.  

Happy sewing!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

All this purple is awesome: so bright and cheerful for spring.

Addi and Phin's Mom said...

Wow! I'm clearly behind in my blog reading! This is a fun one!