Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Oh my stars!

This quilt is getting the best of me!  I think I will love it when it is completed, but right now it has me grumbling.

I am in the mood to make an easy quilt.  Of course, as I work on easy quilts I think I need a challenge.  

I am making the quilt on the cover of this book,  Sizzlin' Sixties.



I started it during a the polar vortex.  There was lots of simple sewing, pairing 2.5" strips.  Then cutting - which I always enjoy.  And using a fun tool made it even more fun.  I really like the Creative Grids 60 Degree Triangle.

Here is what I have so far on the "design floor".


I hope to have a clear floor and a finished top this weekend.

Happy Sewing!

1 comment:

Nancy said...

Oh, your stars are gorgeous! I love the colors you chose. Can't wait to see the finished top.