Wednesday, February 20, 2013

A big lie!

Well, not so much a lie. Just some wishful thinking. Empty closet - it's a fantasy. I would love to sew all of this in to quilts. Right now. Today. But I have been sewing and collecting fabric for two decades. Shopping from my stash and following blogs like Bonnie Hunter's Quiltville have been so helpful. I occasionally make "no more fabric shopping" pledges to myself, but I must be honest, new fabric can be inspiring. So I will try to use much more than I buy. And maybe look more at the photos of family and friends with new quilts more than I look in this closet.





1 comment:

Nancy said...

I can identify with your situation! I've been sewing since I was five, have had my own "collection" of fabrics for more years than I want to count, and have a collection that I will never use up in my lifetime unless I sew faster, more often, or for longer periods of time!

Your swoon block is beautiful.