Saturday, February 16, 2013

It's time to get this WIP finished.

I found a box of 6.5" squares with appliquéd hearts in my sewing room closet this week.  With all of the Valentine's Day inspiration around, I figure this is a good time to get crackin' on this old work-in-progress.  I'm not sure when I began this quilt, but I know I used to do hand sewing because using the machine made it hard for my little boy to sleep with all the noise.  He will graduate from high-school this spring.  I let this go for too long!  

I'll dig in the stash for post and sashing fabric, then I'll treat myself to a little shopping for the borders.  

The inspiration for this quilt can be found in this book, an old favorite of mine. http://www.amazon.com/Quilts-The-Complete-Guide-Quiltmaking/dp/1933308346

No comments: