Tuesday, February 26, 2013

on the bandwagon

So I jumped on the bandwagon,  I kept seeing Granny squares in blogland.  Inspired by an old afghan from my childhood home, I pulled fabrics from my scrap baskets

Sewing these together was lots of fun.  I only sewed them in the wrong order a few times.   Fortunately I caught the mistakes before I assembled the top (at least I hope that I did!) 
I got it from Jan the Quilter and I just love it.  To be honest, I didn't love the top.  Although it reminded me of something snuggly from my youth, it didn't excite me when I assembled all the squares.  Oh, but now that it is quilted - I'm pretty pleased by the finished product.  Well, almost finished, I will bind it this week.









Look at the quilting!  Jan always makes the quilt come to life.

2 comments:

Nancy said...

Oh, your granny squares quilt is gorgeous. Absolutely gorgeous! And your quilter did a beautiful job. I love the hearts and swirls. Love, love, love the quilt!

Carla said...

I agree with Nancy. So beautiful and lovely quilting!