Sunday, May 26, 2013

A baby quilt

I love to make baby quilts. The size is easy to work with and the colors are cheerful. 

A coworker is expecting a little girl in the fall. I made a bunch of pink and yellow blocks, laid them out and was unimpressed. Then I remembered that the mama likes bright green. Of course I had green and pink in the closet. I whipped up a few more blocks and I'm pretty happy with them now. 

I have rows assembled. Tomorrow I will assemble the top and do some simple quilting. I'm not much of a machine quilter, I send most of my quilts to be done by someone who is great at it (Jan the Quilter), but I'm just planning some diagonal lines to hold things together. I hope it gets used and loved until it falls apart, then I can replace it with a big girl quilt.



1 comment:

Kathleen said...

Love those colors!