Monday, May 27, 2013

success without shopping

I am happy to have made real progress this weekend.  I finished piecing the baby quilt top, got it pinned and machine quilted.  So satisfying!





Here's the awesome part, I found everything I needed to do this project in my own closet.  I had some backing left over from a quilt that I made for my mom and binding left over from my appliqued heart quilt.  Yes, the batting was in there too.




Now here is something I never expected to see.  An empty spot in the closet.  Yes!  The consistent use of what I already own is starting to make a noticeable difference.


Now to attach that binding.  Then maybe I'll start planning another quilt. Happy Sewing!

2 comments:

Angie said...

Love this baby quilt :) So happy and cheerful.

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

Very pretty, and good for you using what you already have - always a good thing!