Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Not much sewing lately

The past few weeks have been an exciting blur.  My son turned 18, had his senior prom, played in end of the year concerts, etc, etc, etc and is now preparing for finals and graduation.  Then he will start getting ready to head to college in the fall.  So, since I know that big changes are coming, I have been trying to enjoy his presence.  I only have one kid, so I will become an empty nester overnight.  I'm excited for the new phases of life for me, my husband and especially the boy - but I really want to savor right now.  So I come out of the sewing room a little more often, I scan quilt blogs at the dining room table while he does homework, we make sure to have family dinners most nights.

All of the fabric in closet will wait for me.



1 comment:

Nancy said...

You're so wise to spend time with your son while he's still at home. It seems that once they leave for college, they're suddenly adults and don't have time for parents (even if they want to spend time at home)! I'm sure your son recognizes that you're giving up something else and cherishes the time you're spending with him.