Saturday, March 23, 2013

Back in the Saddle



I have been wanting to make a quilt quilt with the Lotus pattern from Jaybird Quilts pattern since before the Christmas Holidays.  My fabulous mom got me the Hex-n-More ruler and I knew the file of fabrics I wanted to use.  The pattern is well written and the pieces match up so nicely - it has been so much fun watching it come together.






So many points!  But the jewel shapes are large so that keeps the piecing from getting too fussy.









I lay out the pieces on the floor of the sewing room.  It's the best way for me to arrange things.  And the inconvenience of walking around the blocks gives me the incentive to wrap projects up. 


Here's the result, thanks to Dan for helping to get a photo.  It ended up larger than I expected (a running theme in my quilting).  I'll certainly use this pattern again - I have already pulled a stack of bright Christmas fat quarters out of the closet.  But they will have to wait. Next up is a red and white quilt for my son.  He'll be an IU Hoosier next year, and his dorm bed will have to have one of momma's quilts, right?

No comments: