Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Thinking of spring

Even though I have enjoyed a beautiful light in my sewing room because of the snow, my mind is on spring.

I love to watch birds outside, but have only seen a few. Working on this quilt for my mother-in-law has brought some of those birds in to my sewing room. I started this quilt just after Christmas and the soft colors were a nice change from all of the reds and greens I had been seeing.

I started with a panel and coordinated yardage for the backing from Joann's, then pulled coordinating 2.5" strips from my bins. My MIL had requested some yellow, and I'm glad she did! I probably wouldn't have chosen it on my own. I think it makes the quilt look soft, feminine and reminiscent of spring.

I'll deliver it to her on my next trip to my hometown. I hope she likes it as much as I enjoyed making it!

My attempt to be random.  You know, by making rows and columns and spreading things around.  I'm not good with random.



The finished product.  A comfy throw sized quilt to cover my MIL while she enjoys her morning coffee  while sitting in her recliner.

Now, maybe spring can catch up to me.  Please spring, ya gotta get here soon!

3 comments:

Kathleen said...

That's really lovely!

Nancy said...

It's gorgeous! I agree, the yellow is a nice choice.

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

Wow!!! That is gorgeous! I love it, and I'm sure she will, too. You did a great job.