Monday, April 8, 2013

Sam's IU quilt








Sam asked for a quilt for his dorm at Indiana University.  I am so glad he asked long before he goes in August.  I am a quick piecer, but binding is another story!  I asked him to look for a pattern that he liked and he chose "Number 18" from Kim Brackett's book Scrap Basket Beauties.  I love this book so much, just like I love her previous scrap basket books.  Great patterns and clear directions - every pattern I have tried has been a winner.














If you want to try these books, I would suggest "The Angler" for making the small triangles.  It's so easy to use and makes all of those tiny little points happen.













I have enough blocks to lay out the quilt, but I think I'll make some more for an extra long quilt - the boy is tall.  He bought me some yardage of Kona cardinal at Christmastime.  I plan to use it for the backing.  I hope to post progress pictures soon!

No comments: