Sunday, April 21, 2013

Winding Ways

I have been planning a Winding Ways quilt for months, but I kept putting it on the back burner because I'm a big chicken. It looked hard. It would probably take time and care. I might get frustrated.

This magazine cover is the inspiration, and great instructions can be found inside.  I may have read the directions a zillion times prior to cutting any fabric... again, I am a chicken! 




Wow, I let myself get bogged down in negativity. But I decided that in order to succeed, I would at least need to try. I'm so glad that I tried. Yes, it's hard. Yes, I need to work slowly and carefully. The blocks aren't perfect, but they are lovely and so darn satisfying!


I'm using my Accuquilt Go! Cutter and Aurifil thread. Before cutting, I sprayed my fabric with Best Press.  I have big plans and great tools, but the key to this project is definitely my newly found positive attitude.  I CAN make this quilt.




4 comments:

Frog Quilter said...

Your block are awesome. Get rid of that negative voice. It's no good!

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

Look at you! Those blocks are beautiful!!! And you're braver than me. I haven't worked up to that one yet. :)

Empty Closet Quilting said...

Thanks! I figured it was time to try the pattern I had obsessed about, I only had fabric to lose!

Paulette said...

I love that block! You sure can do it!